Official Rules: Original Series Songwriting Competition
1. To enter Original Series events fill out the online entry form (www.originalseries-atl.com) with your full contact details and provide links (webpage address to: youtube page, facebook page, or other) for us to listen to your original songs and see you perform. Must complete online entry form for each Original Series host venue competition you wish to enter.
2. Songs performed in Original Series live music events must comply with event format. See individual Host Venue Event Page for details.
3. Contestants will perform live and must play at least one melody instrument per song. Prerecorded music without live instrumentation is not permitted. Live instrumentation looping as accompaniment is permitted.
4. This competition is open to all amateur and professional songwriters and anyone regardless of nationality or origin. This is a reentry event (as scheduling demand dictates). Employees of DMT Logistics and their families are not eligible.
5. Winners will be chosen by a Blue Ribbon Judging Committee comprised of music industry professionals including, but not limited to, A&R managers from record labels, publishers and producers, music venue management, talent buyers, radio personalities, event sponsorship delegates and any other relevant persons DMT Logistics appoints. Songs are judged equally based on, but not limited to, originality, lyrics, melody, composition and musicianship. Songs may be in any language. Quality of performance will be considered. Prizes will be awarded after the competition has concluded. Division of prizes for winning contestants is responsibility of winners. The winners release sponsors from all liability regarding prizes won. Taxes are winners' responsibility. Entrants and their collaborators will retain full rights to all work submitted for the competition. Crowd vote events will provide one (1) vote ticket to all in attendance who wish to vote for their favorite performance. DMT Logistics will collect crowd vote tickets. Crowd vote events will use Judges Panel vote(s) as tie-break. Semifinal and Finale event winners will be decided by crowd and/or judges panel votes based on individual host venue preference.
6. Winners will be notified at the end of the Finale performances and must sign and return a talent and release form within 30 days will result in an alternative winner being selected as per Finale voting results. Finale performance date to be announced as event participation dictates (see www.originalseries-atl.com for updates). Original Series contest entry constitutes permission to use participant’s names, likeness, voices and recorded live performances for future publicity, advertising and general business purposes without additional compensation. See individual Host Venue Event Page for details.
7. DMT Logistics reserves the right to end, extend and/or modify any of its Original Series competitions as participation and event needs demand.
8. Prizes: See individual host venue event pages for complete Overall Grand Prize and 2nd Prize packages at www.originalseries-atl.com.
9. Performer(s) eligible to win each host venue Original Series event once within a 12 month period.